After a busy and stressful day, it can be difficult to settle into restorative sleep. Up to 40 percent of the world's population gets insufficient sleep and the trend is increasing. Using simple techniques like a relaxing bedtime routine and healthy daytime habits, you can improve your sleep, so you wake up refreshed each day.
Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
Do regular, balanced exercise during the day like yoga or swimming
Meditate for 10 minutes before bed to settle your mind.
At the end of the day, take a hot shower or bath to relax your muscles and let go of stress.
Eat light, non-spicy food for dinner.
Keep a diary to leave the cares of the day on the page.
Give yourself a gentle hand, foot or neck massage to release built up tension.
Read well-loved passages from your favourite novels or poetry before sleep to put your mind at ease.
Spritz your pillow with a mist of essential oils to induce relaxation.
Create a before-bed routine such as a breathing exercises or listening to soothing music. Your body will come to recognise this as the signal for sleep
1. Find a comfortable position in bed and lie flat on your back.
2. Bring attention to your legs and arms and then release its weight fully into the bed.
3. Focus your attention on where you feel your breath in your body.
Give yourself a foot massage to release tension and relax.
1. Soak your feet in a tub of warm water and essential oils.
2. Pat your feet dry and rub oil into them.
3. Mass from your ankles down to your toes.
1.Try meditation and keep your mind on each inhale and exhale.
2.Curl up on the coach and do something relaxing like listening to soothing music.
3.Putting a pair of comfortable socks over cold feet increases blood flow to your extremities.
Sign up to hear about our latest offers and tips!